Connector types / Terminology

VGA cables are the cables used to project an image from your laptop or document camera. There should be two in your room connected to the document camera.

USB C is the new connector used by Apple devices. In order to connect to many other devices(including your Elmo), you will need an adapter like the one above. These adapters feature a VGA connector for your Elmo, as well as traditional USB A ports so you can connect devices like a mouse or keyboard.

Mini DisplayPort is a port type that can be found on some Apple computers used by the district. If you have a laptop with this port, you will need an adapter like the one above to connect your laptop to the projector.

If you have issues that are not covered by the documentation please visit the Helpdesk.

  • selfhelp/classroomtech/connectortypes.txt
  • Last modified: 2021/12/22 18:52
  • by ronove